VAT registration is a mandatory step towards obtaining a VAT certificate for companies and individuals doing business in the UAE.
The VAT certificate contains the following important information:
In the UAE, businesses whose annual turnover exceeds the mandatory registration threshold of AED 375,000 and the voluntary registration threshold of AED 187,500 are allowed to apply for VAT registration.
You can do it only online on the FTA portal and after you complete the required registration information, you can apply for the VAT Registration Certificate.
Here is how you can do that.
– First, you have to create an e-Service account with FTA. You need to sign up, providing your e-mail details, and create a user name and password.
– To apply for VAT registration, you need to login into your e-Service account using your login credentials and click on the Register for VAT button to start the registration process.
– You should read the VAT Getting Started Guide to get a better idea of certain important requirements and the information you should have to provide.
– You have to follow certain steps – you need to complete the registration form that contains eight sections, such as:
You can track your progress as you fill out the form. You need to fill all the section of online form. Keep in mind that you can move to the next sections only when you fill out all the mandatory fields of the current section.
So how to get your certificate? Here is the Updated procedure.
How to download VAT Certificate in UAE?
To get your VAT Registration certificate if you’ve been a taxpayer before, follow these simple steps:
1. Log in to the EmaraTax Platform using your Emirates ID, UAE Pass, or your taxpayer account.
2. Once you’re in the dashboard, you’ll find the VAT registration certificate under the “My Correspondences” section of your Taxable Person account.
3. Click on the certificate, and then download it in PDF format.
Important note: If you’ve used the system before and your tax registration certificate wasn’t previously accessible as a PDF in your dashboard, you won’t find it in your EmaraTax dashboard.
In this situation, to obtain an updated registration certificate, you’ll need to submit a VAT registration amendment application through EmaraTax. This application should include any updated information, such as your trade license, Emirates ID, contact details, and so on. Your registration certificate will be issued once the FTA (Federal Tax Authority) approves your application.
Do you need help with registering your business for VAT and getting the tax certificate?
Contact us to schedule a free consultation to learn how we can help you to register for VAT and ensure compliance with the VAT rules and regulations.
You can benefit from our comprehensive management consulting and business advisory services in UAE.
Would you like to rate us on Google?
The information provided herein is for the general information of the user and is provided in good faith. We make no representation or provide warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the adequacy, suitability, validity, or completeness of the information. Our advice in regard to UAE corporate tax and value added tax is based on our understanding of the relevant laws and the regulations issued. We cannot be held responsible for new regulations and/or interpretation of existing regulations by the FTA that is not consistent with our advice. Under no circumstance shall we have any liability to any user of this information or to third parties for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use or reliance of this information.